What is good life? What is pleasure? How should I treat other people? Can I get rid off daily unnecessary worry? How should I handle liberty? How to rule on the good life.
Rule 1. Examine life, engage life with vengeance; always search for new pleasures and new destines to reach with your mind.
Rule 2. Worry only about the things that you are in control of. The things that can bechanged by your actions. Not about the things that are beyond your capacity to direct or alter.
Rule 3. Treasure Friendship, the reciprocal attachment that fills the need for affiliation.
4. Experience True Pleasure. Avoid shallow and transient pleasures. Keep your life simple. Seek calming pleasures that contribute to peace of mind.
5. Master Yourself. Resist any external force that might delimit thought and action; stop deceiving yourself, believing only what is personally useful and convenient; complete liberty necessitates a struggle within, a battle to subdue negative psychological and spiritual forces that preclude a healthy existence; self mastery requires ruthless candor.
6. Avoid Excess. Live life in harmony and balance. Avoid excesses. Even good things, pursued or attained without moderation, can become a source of misery and suffering.
7. Be a Responsible Human Being. Approach yourself with honesty and thoroughness; maintain a kind of spiritual hygiene; stop the blame-shifting for your errors and shortcomings.
8. Don?t Be a Prosperous Fool. Prosperity by itself, is not a cure-all against an ill-led life, and may be a source of dangerous foolishness. Money is a needed but not a sufficient for the good life,for happiness and wisdom.
9. Don?t Do Evil to Others. Harming others claims two victims?the receiver of the harm, and the victimizer, the one who does harm.
10. Kindness to all will bringrewards. Kindness to others is a good habit that supports and reinforces the quest for the good life. Helping others bestows a sense of satisfaction that has two beneficiaries?the beneficiary, the receiver of the help, and the benefactor, the one who provides the help.