Easy Detox Smoothie (with NO weird ingredients!)
This Detox Smoothie is loaded with nutrient-dense fruits and vegetables. It tastes great and will leave you feeling full and satisfied!
- 1/2 cup water (or orange juice)
- 1 green apple
- 1/2 cup frozen pineapple chunks
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1/2 inch fresh ginger , peeled and minced
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- small handful fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Combine all of the ingredients in a blender, and blend until smooth. Pour into a glass and serve right away.
- If you don’t have have a high-speed blender, I recommend blending the spinach, cilantro, and ginger with the water first, to help break them down completely. Then add in the fruit and lime juice, and blend again.
Calories: 198kcal | Carbohydrates: 51g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 34mg | Potassium: 663mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 34g | Vitamin A: 2910IU | Vitamin C: 61.4mg | Calcium: 51mg | Iron: 1.3mg
Detox Smoothie Nutrition (for the whole batch): Calories: 198, Fat: 1g, Carbohydrates: 51, Fiber: 8g, Protein: 2g
- Feel free to make any substitutions that you?d like to in this recipe. Parsley is a good alternative for the cilantro, and frozen mango works as a good swap for pineapple. If you don?t care for bananas in a smoothie, try using 1/4 of an avocado instead to add creaminess.
If you try this recipe, please let me know how you like it in the comments below! And if you try a substitution, I?d love to hear about it, too. We can all learn from your experience!