It’s so low in fat and calories, you can eat as much as you want. After 3-4 days you may introduce green salads with raw nuts in the evenings. By the end of the cleanse you still eat the Chicken Detox Soup recipe all day, but may add salmon to your evening salad for a little extra healthy fat.
Detox Chicken Soup INGREDIENTS:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch chunks
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 16 ounces cremini mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 8 cups chicken stock
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 1 bunch kale, stems removed and leaves chopped
- 1 (15-ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper, to taste. Add chicken to the stockpot and cook until golden, about 2-3 minutes; set aside.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to the stockpot. Add onion, carrots and celery. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add garlic and mushrooms, and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender and browned, about 5-6 minutes. Stir in thyme and oregano until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Whisk in chicken stock and bay leaves; bring to a boil. Stir in orzo, rosemary and chicken; reduce heat and simmer until orzo is tender, about 10-12 minutes.
- Stir in kale and cannellini beans until the kale has wilted, about 3-4 minutes. Stir in lemon juice and parsley; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve your chicken soup immediately.